Sunday, October 25, 2015

Connect with Your dreams

Sometimes small things makes a big difference in life..
My inability to drive car was hurting me. This I was trying since many years.
I Didn't wanted to try my hands on someone's car in the family, so finally I got my own car in 2012 and within few days I crashed it in the parking and end up paying huge money in insurance.
This is Funny but it demotivated me to core.

The feeling that I will never able to drive  a car was killing me, there was sense of unknown failure and fear.

huuh!!!Can't drive a car, what about those big dreams which I promised myself ?

 Fortunately and unfortunately, this year, I landed to a place where without a car, to be more precise without your driving skills you are a mere furniture. This place is not like Bangalore where you have Rickshaw or public buses. The Private taxi for every day use would turn me to pauper here.
I must say Uber saved my life. And few kind colleagues helped me to get to office, buy grocery and survive the cold winter.
Here I must tell you, though my husband is Good driver but he was hundreds of miles away in a different city, though he religiously travel every weekends. I was just managing the life here.
Every day I wanted to go back to India, there is so much to do here but without your driving skills nothing.

I gave the written test in RMV, I passed with flying colours but of no use, without being behind the driving seat

My Husband took this mountain task of making me drive.
Summer weekends, when everyone busy going to the beach and having fun, we ended up in IBM parking, practicing car. I always wanted that he get a job here, so that I don't have to drive and he would drop and pick me from office. Actually I had given up. We had frequent fights.

Oh ya! I need to mention this my manager never used to ask me about my work but about my driving. Everyone in office would ask me about it.
Once a guy came and said to me “hey it’s easy, just take your car and hit the freeway (as if!!), I did this when I was in high school a teenager. It was like someone rubbing salt to your injuries.

I must say it was embarrassing, hurtful, painful, depressing. I don't have enough words to jot down my feelings. Motivational videos, self-help books nothing helped. It was like if you can't drive, you can't learn anything new.

It was all DARK, CLOUDY .......SAD

 Then a miracle happen.
 One day I was playing msg-msg with one of my childhood friend in watsapp and thinking about our school days.
Suddenly this incident flashed to my mind.
I had got double zero in a math test, when I was in 2nd grade, everyone made fun of me, and they teased me as big zero, a failure. But hey! I told to myself “Hold on didn’t I completed my Engineering in fact I topped in my department, went to India’s best college for my masters in engineering without any coaching. Today I am working as a software professional without any computer background. WOW”. There was a sense of pride but at the same time I was thinking what made me to do that and what’s stopping me now?

There is a missing link, if I get this link, I will be the best driver ever.
The answer was in the movie AVATAR. You guys remember the scene when Neytiri ask Jake to choose his Ikran. It was Jake, who had to connect with his Ikran, to ride on it and win the battle. So the link was CONNECT. 
Connect to your dream, to your ambition, to your work. This philosophy is terrific and can change life forever. It is connection with the things, which I thought I will never able to do in my life made me to do them.

It was the connection missing between me and my Car that's stopping me from driving not my fear, not my failure or anything in the universe.


It has been 2 months now, I am driving my car to the office, to Grocery , to railway station, to everywhere and anywhere.
Believe me driving my car makes me feel as amazing as Jake riding his Ikran.

Keep flying 




No comments:

Post a Comment