Sunday, December 19, 2010

An Appeal!!


My dear friends!
Thanks for reading my blogs. I know I am not a proficient writer, I write because I love to talk and share my experience to my friends. At same time I also and always liked to listen to you all. But all the time it’s not possible for my friends to be around and listen or talk to me, so I thought of penning these small little things in a small way. My motive behind writing this blog is to bring smile on your faces, like the way I had smile after experiencing them.
 Some of you I know in person, some of you I never met but in this virtual world I want my words/my feeling should touch you all irrespective of my physical presence

Well this New Year I have assigned a task for myself and which I will not be able to complete without your support. The task is penning down different customs & traditions and art of living in different parts of India starting from different tribes of Arunachal to Kutch in Gujarat to rich culture of coastal Tamil Nadu to mountains of Leh –Ladakh.  


I know it’s a very big task but with your help I will try and give it a shot. Join me in making friends from all over India and reveal many hidden customs. I will be starting new series of Blog “The Magical People from Mysterious Land”, hey that is what I am thinking you guys can suggest me some more fancy names too.

Please Guys I need your help in this and it’s time for you also to re-visit your roots. lets try

---Ranjeeta 20th Dec 00:00



4 comments:

  1. Dear Ranjeeta..

    It is a very welcome initiative on your part and a much needed one too for all of us..when in this so called times of 'globalization' we unwittingly fall into the trap of eroding all the richness and diversity of the people of this land and which continues to be the living reality and source of sustenance for so many people!

    let's celebrate these unique heritage, history, identity and lifestyles of different cultures and not on;y to 'market ' them as 'exotic' but to dignify these different tastes, smell and colours of these diverse cultures..

    Best wishes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting initiative.....but i feel soliciting proactive inputs will be bit more effective if you can also provide the various sub categories...our cultural has various and multitude dimension......better we categorize them to get their feeling ..lets say festivals, foods ( varies from season, time, occasion ),marriages, rituals, customs, worshiping customs...etc.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea! Mrits..
    Surely we will discuss a lot in the coming days and sub-categorize as u mentioned. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete